Big Changes = Big Delays
I just looked at my last post - October 26th, almost an entire month ago. Pathetic, yes. But in my defense... it's been a wild ride. Here's how it went :
- October 26th my shop went live
- October 31st I found out I'd been selected as a new Associate at my firm
- October 31st MATT PROPOSED!!!!
- November 8 we had a lovely friendsgiving (my first of three thanksgivings)
- November 15th I bought "the" dress!
And.. here we are. So, it's been a wild few weeks of engagement celebrations, work celebrations, and lots of side projects in the meantime.
That being said, one of the events taking-up my free time was attending the Grand Opening of Inner Self, a new store from our client, HanesBrands, here in Charlotte. I was personally responsible for the graphics and signage in the store, which happened to include some hand-sketches of mine. How often do you get to use your own linework in a giant chain of a store??
To provide some perspective, this is what Hanes' stores looked like when we visited a few months back :
We worked with an un-named, un-branded concept - from scratch - to turn this from a warehouse / house-of-brands into a fresh, modern, young store. Voila! :)