Our Wedding Invitations
As a graphic designer, sometimes doing work for yourself is the hardest - you know there are hundreds of directions you could take for any one project, and you're the first one to notice when it doesn't end-up perfect.
When we got engaged, I told Matt I was ordering our invitations off of Etsy - I didn't even know where to start, and didn't really want to deal with it. But then people say things like "oh I can't wait to see what you come up with," and you feel all this pressure, and before you know it you're on the phone with letter-pressers asking them for their minimum stroke width.
So, now that we're done with all of it, here's what we ended up with :
- We used navy #10 string and button envelopes from Paper Source, which I addressed with a white gel pen.
- The invitation card was done with gold ink, letter-pressed into chipboard.
- The RSVP card was pressed onto 100# stock by the French Paper Company, graphics in navy ink.
- The RSVP envelopes were a cement color from Paper Source, lined with a handmade paper we bought from an artist.
- Our map was printed onto newsprint - double-sided - and printed with graphics I illustrated to help guests find the house.